Sunday, August 29, 2010

Are you going to eat that?

I'm so excited about Noah's teachers this year. They are both very excited to be teaching and are planning some awesome activities. We really struggled last year with teachers and so I'm looking forward to a new year and hopefully at least a small change of heart from Noah about school.A recent assignment in science was for the kids to make an edible plant or animal cell to take to school the next day and eat. Of course Noah chose cake with candy toppings (it's always about the sugar). I had such a great time making this with Noah. This is the kind of stuff I dream about us doing if we were homeschooling.

After they had their party in class, I asked Noah what the other kids made their "cells" out of. It sounds like they were mostly desserts. So I began rambling on about how it could be done out of pizza, on a tortilla, a hamburger, blah blah blah. At the end, I said to Noah very excitedly, "We should have a cell pizza dinner this week! Just for fun!" He replied, "Really?" I guess it's good we are not homeschooling.

No comments: