Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Mother's Day


I am so blessed to have two very wonderful children. I am still getting used to saying that - "two".
I am so proud of Noah. I am proud of his brains and his maturity. I am proud that people always comment on how well behaved and polite he is. I am proud that he always follows the rules and does what is asked of him. I am proud that he was recently awarded "Music Student of the Year" at school. The irony is that he really dislikes music class, especially the concerts where he has to sing and dance in front of a large audience. His teacher gave him the award because she said he always gave 150%. It just goes to show that even when Noah does not like something, he still works hard at it. I am proud that I never have to worry about his behavior when he is away from me. I am proud that he has no prejudices and I love seeing people through his eyes. He is a very serious boy, but has a good sense of humor. My wish for Noah is that he can learn to goof off a little and find the fun in and appreciate all the great things he is fortunate enough to do.
I am so excited for Reese. I am so excited to show her all the things that we have shown Noah. I am excited that I have more patience, time and understanding this time around. I am excited about how much I appreciate every little thing she does. I am excited to see her develope her own personality - her energy, how she focuses and absorbs everything she sees, her love of wild motion. My wish for Reesie is that she will continue to smile and be a happy person as she is now.


No comments: