Wednesday, June 3, 2009

First year over





















Noah's first year at Sonoran Science Academy ended on May 21st! I can't believe how incredibly fast it went! I am so impressed with how well he adjusted and performed with all the changes that happened this school year - a new school, new friends, new sister. Noah, I hope that you are extremely pleased with yourself and how you have overcome and succeeded in all the challenges you faced this year - highest scores on MAP testing, straight A's, second place in the region for science fair project, "Music Student of the Year".

On the last day of school, there was an assembly where awards were given out. Dave also wrote a song that he and the music teacher taught to the kids and sang it to Noah's homeroom teacher - Miss Leyla. It was so awesome to see how much the kids all supported and knew each other and how much they all loved their teachers.


I am so glad we made the switch to SSA - and I think Noah is too. He deserves a huge amount of credit for struggling through the difficult beginning and sticking to it. Noah had great teachers (one of which got "Teacher of the Year") and a wonderful group of kids to help him feel confident and welcome. We are looking forward to seeing them all next year!

No comments: