





Since I have moved here, I have heard talk of this fabulous activity near the Grand Canyon called the Polar Express. So, almost a year ago we made reservations to all ride this wonderful train and experience it for ourselves.At that time, the train was already booked for weekends, but we were able to get tickets for a Sunday night.All of us (except Grammy - she was not able to go) drove to Williams. AZ - about a 4 1/2 hour trip - to the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. They served us a buffet dinner and then we boarded the train. On our 45 minute journey to the North Pole, we had hot chocolate and cookies and listened to the story of the Polar Express. At the North Pole we saw a village of lights and Santa got on the train. As we headed back to the depot, we sang Christmas carols and Santa gave every child a silver bell.
That night we stayed in the hotel and then were given a buffet breakfast in the morning. All in all, it was a fun event. I'm not sure that it's something I will have to do again for several years, but we had a good time. It was especially exciting for my nieces.



1 comment:
Hi Monica...I don't know if you remember me, but I am you moms friend from Logan who lives here in Casa Grande! How is your mom doing? Hope everything is well. Congrats on the new baby. My blog is riccidesertmama.blogspot.com.
Post a Comment