Thursday, December 4, 2008

Nothing on American West Heritage Festival




Noah's school field trips have really made me work on my very Type A personality. So far I have been on 2 out of 3 and neither one was organized to my liking. The first was to get a behind the scenes tour of the grocery store. It's shortcomings were mostly the tour leader's fault.
This last field trip was to an American History Festival in Queen Creek (near Phoenix). It was disappointing for many reasons. First, the teachers did not find out how long it would really take us to get there on a school bus and what they thought would take one hour ended up taking 2+ hours! So, by the time we got there, we had 1 1/2 hour to spend before having to get back on the bus and return home. Here are a few quick pictures I was able to get before having to leave. Second, it was not nearly as neat as the Heritage Festival held in Logan every fall. Noone else would have been disappointed by that except me, however. By the time we got back to the school, we all felt like we had been beat to death after riding on a school bus for four hours!
I guess if I am going to moan and groan, and if I plan on volunteering to go on the next trip, I better offer to help plan it. It's a learning opportunity for all of us. The teachers will know better for next time and I am learning that even when things are not planned to the very last detail, the kids generally still have a good time.


No comments: