My mother had knee surgery and the week she came home, my brother and his family went to a wedding in Utah, so they had to leave their dog. Since my mom was not able to care for her, Dave, Noah and I kept her for the week. It was the least we could do for all the times my mom and my brother have watched our dogs for us. She is a beagle named Beagle. This dog evokes a love/hate relationship. She is the sweetest, most loving dog that I have ever met. And she loves to play. But she has the most painfully ear piercing bark/howl that I have ever heard. And she uses it whenever she is excited. She greets you with it when you come home, she uses it when she is playing and having fun and she uses it to warn of noises or anything outside. I wish I had it on video so everyone could hear how amazingly awful this sound is. I am always in awe of how such a horrible sound can come out of such a small creature.
Diamond also has a love/hate relationship with her Beagle cousin. She loves to run around and chase her, but she does not love to share any of her toys or food or humans or bed with her. Here is a rare moment when the two of them are actually being peaceful together.Stodgy old Ginger acts as the fun monitor and is constantly barking at the two little ones when they are playing. So, as you can imagine, it is fairly chaotic when Beagle visits us.
I think by the end of the week, Beagle was glad to get back home and we were glad to get her back home.
We love you Beagle and will endure anytime you need to come visit us again.




No comments:
Post a Comment