Thursday, December 4, 2008

A new Birthday Idea








I read in a magazine somewhere that instead of purchasing toys, books, etc. as presents for friends' birthdays, one family had started getting "time together" as a gift. So, I decided that I really liked that idea and the next birthday we went to was for Noah's friend Tyler. We wrote him a card telling him that we were going to take him to Kitt Peak Observatory to see their nighttime star gazing program and then he could spend the night afterward. The night was incredible - we saw som many amazing things, including a dying star, a whole other galaxy, the striations on Jupiter, Venus and it's moons!


I am so glad we have decided to start this new way of giving presents. It gave us the opportunity to spend time with Tyler and for Noah and Tyler to spend good time together. It also forced us to finally do something that we have been talking about doing since we moved to Tucson. I can't wait to get invited to the next birthday party!

No comments: