Thursday, December 4, 2008

All grown up

Noah recently got a retainer that will hopefully widen his top and bottom pallets so that his adult teeth will have plenty of room to grow in. If successful, it will prevent his teeth from being crooked and keep him from needing braces later on.

I feel like this is such a big milestone and now he seems so grown up to me. He's no longer a little kid, he's old enough to take care of and wear a retainer. I'm not sure why I think this is so monumental. It's so fun to listen to him learn to talk again, although he doesn't think it's so great. He's especially mad that he can not whistle anymore - one of his greatest talents. However, he's determined to re-teach himself.

Now, if he can keep it from accidentally being thrown in the garbage he will truly make retainer history!

No comments: