It's been a long time since I have posted. We went on our annual summer trip to Utah this year in late July/early August so we were not there for VBS this year (usually held in mid June) but we still had a wonderful time of course. My mother and my two nieces (Sadie and Burnee) and Dave all got to come with us this year - and it was Reese's first chance to meet friends and family there and her first plane trip. She did great! We spent a few days with my Grandmother - it was so good to see her and spend some time with her and ther rest of the Loock family. It seems as though we have become closer to all of them and have spent much more quality time and gotten to know alot of them much better since we have moved. What a shame that we waited so long to reach out. I really enjoy the time we have with them.We did much playing on the wonderful Utah summer grass. I really miss the soft green, green grass of Utah.

My Grandmother has always had a piano in her house as long as I can remember, but I do not ever remember anyone ever playing it. During this trip, Dave and Noah were tinking around on it and Noah learned a piece of the "Entertainer". He became very excited about it and wanted to begin piano lessons as soon as we got home. I am so greatful for that piano - it finally got Noah interested in something musical!
We went to many of our good ol' Logan sites for fun - painting at the ceramic shop, going to the 24th of July fireworks, Ryan's park, First Pres, the Saturday market, the Aquatic Park, Bear Lake, and visiting many friends: Gennie Olsen, the Andersons, the Swensons, the Bissonettes, the Becks, the Deberards, the Johnsons, the Reddigs, the Sawyers, Lauri and Andrea, the Dennisons, the Stewarts, the Riffes, the Roberts, the Colemans, and many others from church. I even got to spend some awesome time with Nadine who was visiting all the way from New Jersey for our high school reunion. There were some I very much missed seeing. I never feel like we have enough time. We also ate at all our favorite places (some more than once): India Oven, Firehouse Pizza, Center Street Grill, Costa Vida, Great Harvest, Shaved Ice Shack, Charlie's Ice Cream, Korea House - again, there is just never enough time.

One very exciting thing we did that we have not been able to do in years past is visit with some wonderful people my parents have known since before I was born - Paulette, Natalie and Jeri and their families. Paulette owns this dog - a very large Goldendoodle named Murphy. Noah fell in love with this dog in a matter of seconds. For some reason he really connected with Murphy and decided that he now wants a Labradoodle. Paulette took some great pics of them together. The pictures Noah took with Murphy are the first pictures he has been happily willing to be in since I don't know when and the genuine smile and joy he is displaying is hard to come by for him. I love these pictures! Thank you Murphy (and Paulette).


My Grandmother has always had a piano in her house as long as I can remember, but I do not ever remember anyone ever playing it. During this trip, Dave and Noah were tinking around on it and Noah learned a piece of the "Entertainer". He became very excited about it and wanted to begin piano lessons as soon as we got home. I am so greatful for that piano - it finally got Noah interested in something musical!
We went to many of our good ol' Logan sites for fun - painting at the ceramic shop, going to the 24th of July fireworks, Ryan's park, First Pres, the Saturday market, the Aquatic Park, Bear Lake, and visiting many friends: Gennie Olsen, the Andersons, the Swensons, the Bissonettes, the Becks, the Deberards, the Johnsons, the Reddigs, the Sawyers, Lauri and Andrea, the Dennisons, the Stewarts, the Riffes, the Roberts, the Colemans, and many others from church. I even got to spend some awesome time with Nadine who was visiting all the way from New Jersey for our high school reunion. There were some I very much missed seeing. I never feel like we have enough time. We also ate at all our favorite places (some more than once): India Oven, Firehouse Pizza, Center Street Grill, Costa Vida, Great Harvest, Shaved Ice Shack, Charlie's Ice Cream, Korea House - again, there is just never enough time.
One very exciting thing we did that we have not been able to do in years past is visit with some wonderful people my parents have known since before I was born - Paulette, Natalie and Jeri and their families. Paulette owns this dog - a very large Goldendoodle named Murphy. Noah fell in love with this dog in a matter of seconds. For some reason he really connected with Murphy and decided that he now wants a Labradoodle. Paulette took some great pics of them together. The pictures Noah took with Murphy are the first pictures he has been happily willing to be in since I don't know when and the genuine smile and joy he is displaying is hard to come by for him. I love these pictures! Thank you Murphy (and Paulette).
It's always hard to leave what I consider to be my home town - it's always so comfortable to be there - the people and the places make it that way. We will be back next summer to do it all again!





No comments:
Post a Comment