Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It's in the details.

Noah got his first pair of glasses in early September. We knew this moment would come someday - he was doomed from the start being a part of this family. He was very excited to get them (thank goodness) and couldn't wait to pick them out. He tried on many pair and ended up with these - he really likes that they are blue, plus, you have to admit, they make him look so handsome! Which I am sure to remind him at embarassing times - like at school and around his friends - that's my job after all.

When he finally got the prescription filled and put them on for the first time, he was amazed. Amazed at all the leaves on the trees and the pebbles on the ground and the details in everything he looked at. It reminded me of the first pair of glasses I got and how incredible the world looked through them - almost like magic, everything had a crisp outline around it. One of my most favorite things about having children is how they remind me to not take life for granted - especially the everyday things that begin to seem mundain and can get blurred by time. Whenever I look at that handsome man in those blue galsses, I take time to observe and appreciate the details, and see the world through his eyes.

No comments: