Monday, April 5, 2010

Earthy Eggs


























We always buy the free range organic eggs from the store and when it came time to decorate easter eggs, I did not think and just got what we always get. Well, these eggs are brown, so when we sat down to dye the eggs, really the only colors that worked at all were green, blue and purple. All the others came out still looking like the brown egg. We also had a fun egg spinning contraption that made a marbled effect on the egg that worked pretty well on the brown eggs, but when all was said and done, they all looked like a very toned down version of Easter eggs. Of course we told Noah that it was a great experiment (to make it seem more exciting that all his eggs looked the same in the end). What we do as parents to convince our kids that we don't make mistakes - I know he was on to us - he's smarter than me, I can't fool him.

No comments: