Friday, April 24, 2009

Turning 9











Nine years old just sounds so grown up to me. No longer a child - now a young man.

Noah (and Dave) begged me not to do a big production of a party this year - I guess Noah has outgrown them - just in time to do them for Reese! For his party this year, Noah came to me and very tactfully asked "Mom, can I have some friends over and just play this year?" I was disappointed, but, of course I said yes. He chose to have just a few of his best friends over. There was no plan and they had an awesome time doing whatever they felt like doing. We had ribs, mashed potatoes and mac-n-cheese for dinner (all Noah's favs) and Cold Stone cupcakes for desert. The boys played video games, nerf guns, legos, and more video games. They all slept outside in a tent with Dave and froze, but they all stuck it out the whole night. Reese screamed the entire party, which just added to the raucaous nature of it all. Thank goodness for my mother who came to help and took care of her during it all.

Noah got a new bike for his birthday that he loves to ride. I am so happy about this. It's a very long story, but his previous bike was no good and caused his to not want to ride a bike. I hated that he didn't like bike riding - I remember as a kid riding a bike is so freeing - your first set of wheels. I still love to ride a bike - we rode all around Logan when we lived there. It has been a couple of years sisnce he has tried to ride a bike so, Dave ans I encouraged him to ride his friends bikes so that he would see that it was not him that couldn't ride, but his bike that was preventing him form having a good experience. So, he did and decided that he could ride a bike very well. So, Grammy and Pop took him shopping and they picked out this very cool black one. I'm now excited for Reese to get a little bigger so we can put her in the trailer and we can all go bike riding again.

Happy Birthday to my big man!

No comments: