Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Speeding By


Did I say things were going to slow down in March? I'm beginning to sound like Dave - "Oh, next month...this summer...after this and that...things will be slower and I can take a break" - which never comes. I need to take back all the things I've said about him and his inability to slow down and say no to people.

I realy don't mean to sound like a whiner. Everything that we have been doing has been fun and we are so blessed. I just keep feeling older and older and like my wonderful life is flashing before my eyes!

At the beginning of the month we got to spend some time with more missed friends from Utah. The Moeller family was in town and we had two fun meals with them. Also, the Sawyers were able to stay with us for a couple of days and we had a terriffic time with them. Of course, it didn't seem like long enough, but it was so nice to pick up right where we had left off, just like there was no time away. We can't wait to see everyone again in June when we go to Utah to visit! Here is the Sawyer family in front of our house as they were leaving.




We have had a gorgeous spring! Yes, Arizona does have a spring season - although it is very short. The front of our house is covered in yellow blooms.


In the middle of the month, I got to go with my friend Josie, my mother and my grandmother for a weekend in Phoenix at a scrapbook convention. We took tons of classes and of course did tons of shopping for more scrapbook stuff that I won't have time to actually use - but someday... It was exhausting, but so fun! I'm always so impressed at how my 80+ year old grandmother can keep up with all of it and us. It definitley reminds me that I have no room to be tired and lazy - if she can do all these things than I surley should be able to.
For the latter part of the month, we have all (Grammy, Pop, Dave and I) been helping Noah get his invention project done for school. He came up with a traveling chalkboard/whiteboard/sketchpad/game board for his GEM class at school. He has been working very hard sawing, filing, painting, sanding, and typing. We've all been able to add our own little pieces of expertise to it (which I'm sure Noah wishes he could do without sometimes). He is finishing up the presentation panel for it and will be presenting it to his class this Friday.


Noah was finally accepted to a school in town called the Sonoran Science Academy - he will start in third grade. We had applied there when we first moved to Arizona and he has been on a waiting list until now. Now that his time at the local public school is coming to an end (May 22 - yahoo!) I have mixed feelings about moving to the academy. It will be good for Noah - they do alot of hands on math and science along with learning spanish and all the other regular subjects. They have a Lego club and a robotics club which Noah is so excited about. I am more sad for myself about the move. I have made all my friends helping out at school and have become very familiar with the people and workings there. I will also really miss walking to school everyday. I keep saying that I will stay in touch there, but we all know how that usually goes - we all get busy and leave behind past parts of our life. I'm sure both Noah and I will make new friends, but hopefully we can work extra hard at maintaining the great friendships we have already made.

No comments: