Friday, March 28, 2008

Spring Busy

Our spring break was the week before Easter and it was anything but a break. Although, it was all wonderful!

The first few days we went to Phoenix and stayed with my parents. While there we went to a big Renaissance Festival held there every year. We ate, threw knives, road rides (all powered by hand), and saw some joisting.






On Monday we headed for Disneyland in California - about an 8 hour drive. We went with friends and had a great time. The weather was perfect. We spent one day at Knott's Berry Farm where they have many major roller coasters. And after each one, Noah would yell, "That... was ... awesome!" Dave and I just felt like we had been beat to a pulp, but we all enjoyed it. Noah was such a trooper at the Magic Kingdom because the family we went with has a tradition of getting pictures with as many characters as they can find - both of which Noah cannot stand (characters and pictures). He hung in there however. Here is is at a character dinner, where there are lots of characters in one place that come mess with you while you are eating.

We were back home for Good Friday services and Easter. Here is the only picture I took on Easter (and I call myself a scrapbooker!?) It was a quiet day - Dave's parents came over and you know the spread was good because I was cooking - hahaha! We had build-your-own-sandwiches and potato chips out on our back patio. We were all happy to be lounging outside. I was happy to not cook. Dave was happy we had his favorite food. Noah fell asleep at about 4pm - exhausted from the previous week - and we could not wake him. So Dave and I got to catch up on all the Young and Restless we had recorded while we were on vacation. All-in-all, it was a very good day.

No comments: