Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Where did it go?













March came and went in the blink of an eye. Noah chose a mad science theme for his birthday this year and we had a wonderful time performing experiments, building jitterbugs and marshmallow towers, exploding soda, making ice cream and being crazy. Thanks goodness, once again, we had lots of people who really helped us pull it together - my mom, Dave's parents and some friends. Here we all are in our lab coats creating wonderful messes!


This is kind of a sad year for Monica. I think Noah has outgrown the over-the-top theme parties that we have been putting together. Because a few days before the party this year, he asked me, "Mom, will there be any time to just play?" To which I replied, "Of course not. We have 12 experiments to do and ice cream to make and badges and bags to decorate and games to play and..." I guess it's not all about me and what I want. Dave is very grateful that I have finally learned that lesson and he will no longer have to stay up at night cutting out green blobs or drawing heiroglyphics on rolls of paper or making paper mache dinosaur eggs. I will miss it very much, however.


Anybody have a birthday coming up?


Noah has really gotten interested in basketball lately, so we got him a basketball hoop so he can play at home.


We also went to dinner with Grammy and Pop at Flemings (per Noah's request). Flemings is a fancy steak and seafood restaurant where Noah loves their crab legs - he can taste the difference between Flemings and Red Lobster. He's a kid after Pop's heart - he has extravagent tastes!

No comments: