Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pima County Fair
















Last weekend, Noah got invited to go to the county fair with a friend and since it was the last day, it spurred me on to take Reese. I was excited for her to ride the kiddie rides and see the animals. The rides did not go as well as I had expected. Reese is fearless, but when it comes to noise, she gets very upset, which is strange since she has lived with the loudest brother on earth since the day she came home form the hospital. Anyway, the rides all had very loud music associated with them - I think that is to drown out the cussing from the 'carnies' operating the rides:) - so Reese was a little anxious.

The animals, however, were a huge hit! Against my better judgement, I took her into the petting zoo and I was very pleasantly surprised. We did not get trampled by the goats and it was quite clean. This baby goat kept climbing through the holes in this fence to get away from Reese who was trying to play with it.


Reese was not even bothered by the big animals - cows, hogs, sheep - she would have crawled into their pens if I had let her. All in all it was a great experience for her and I can't wait to go back next year.




The pictures are not too good - it is hard to keep an eye on Reese and take a picture at the same time. She is one who will walk away in an instant and not care whether I am around or not so I had to be holding onto her while taking the picture.

No comments: