Thursday, February 12, 2009

Some recent goings on

Dave and Ihave been fortunate enough to be able to go to Broadway productions in Salt Lake and Tucson now for about 8 years or so. We get a membership and see about 5 shows a year and have always been blessed to have parents in town who are willing to watch Noah so we can go to the show and have dinner together. It's wonderful in so many ways - we see great things and have a built-in date about 5 times a year. The latest presentation we saw was called A Bronx Tale - a one man show written and performed by Chaz Palminteri . He has been in several well known tv shows and movies - Hill Street Blues, Mullholland Falls and the Usual Suspects to name a few. Here is Dave getting his autograph. It was a very good show. Our next two shows are Grease (which we will miss because of the baby) and Mamma Mia, which I can't wait to see! Thank you Dave for loving to see these shows as much as I do!







Several other events happened recently. This past weekend was Dave's birthday which we celebrated in style, thanks to a dear friend who came all the way from Nashville - Daniel Green. He owned an Indian Taco stand there where Dave and I used to eat at least once a week and became very good friends with he and his wife - not to mention fell in love with his tacos! His shop has since closed long ago and Dave and I have always lamented the fact that Daniel ruined all other Indian tacos for us since being in Nashville to have his. So, after many many years, Daniel made his Indian tacos again just for Dave and the rest of the clan! It's probably no surprise that I didn't take one picture the whole day. I'm so sorry Dave - we will have to keep a picture (and taste) of the day in our minds.
My parents and brother's family came from Phoenix and Dave's parents all came to share in the joy. It was just as wonderful as we had remembered them - I hope we get to do it again soon - before 10 years this time. Daniel also spent much time with Dave having their loved bible discussions and he spent a great deal of time with Noah playing chess, Monopoly and teaching him some guitar.
That same weekend, some wonderful friends of mine threw a shower for the baby. My mom, sister-in-law and Dave's mom were also able to be there. It was so wonderful! I am always so touched and amazed by everyone's love and generosity - no words can express my gratitude for the awesome friends I have made here and have always made wherever I have been - it's very overwhelming. Of course I did not get a single picture there either. I know my scrapbooking friends are so disappointed in me.
On Sunday, our incredible church family gave us a luncheon shower where we played games and received lots of cute things for the baby. Again, we are so very thankful to everyone for their kindness and hard work. We are all set for this baby to come now. Here are some actual pictures from the church party - not because of me - bt because of Dave's dad - we can always count on him to be on top of things.




1 comment:

Andy said...

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!
We just herd your great news. We're so excited for you! You'll have to post about your new beauty.