Anyway, the time flew by so fast and I really wish we had had more of it. I feel like I did not get to spend wuality time with all the people I wanted to, ut we did get to spend some very wonderful time with several of our favorites.
We began with a three day stay at my Grandmother's in Ogden. It was so nice for Noah and I to really be able to get some one on one time with her. We went to see Indiana Jones and visited my cousin and her children. The kids had a great time together and I always appreciate how hospitable Michelle is when we come visit. She made us lunch and showed us around her amazing place in Honeyville. I am completely amazed by what she is able to handle and accomplish. She is one of those people who has 42 hours in her day while the rest of us only have 24. And she never complains. Taking care of three children, 2 house dogs, several labs they are breeding and 4 horses! Not to mention, at this time, the neighbors pets and lambs. And it's all clean! I'm not even on the ball enough to get pictures of it all. I'm so ashamed and in awe!
Once in Logan, the Sawyers were gracious enough to house us again, for the rest of the week. We love staying with them and are grateful to them for keeping us. As soon as we got there, it was like we had never left. Lauri, Andrea, and Emily put together a fun girl's night hosted at Laura's - it was like old times with all of us together again. Many thanks to Jay who took this kids to a a movie for us.
I love being with these girls! We always have so much fun and I hope that no matter how old we all get or where we all end up in our lives, we will still be able to get together regularly for Girls Night.
It was definitely a trip full of favorites - friends, food and fun. Other highlights included: eating at the Indian Oven (my favorite, not Noah's), eating at Firehouse Pizza (Noah's favorite), going to the demolition derby (a Logan must), going to the Summerfest (a Logan tradition), going to the Celebration Center and Salt Lake city on the train(see Emily's blog), and having the privilege of spending the day with our friend's the Deberards on Marta's Momentous 40th birthday.
Marta is 40 and pregnant and smiling! Another amazing woman who puts me to shame.
Here are Matty and Noah comparing their height. I think Matty is slightly taller, even without hair.
We also got to spend time with Debbie and family who made us a very good dutch oven meal (again a woman who puts me to shame with her cooking and working and three kids). I'm glad I have surrounded myself with such inspiring people - now if it would just inspire me to do something!
Here they are selling thier glass creations a t the weekly Farmers' Market.
We also were able the Reddigs and the Thimmes family. Although very short visits, we were thankful to have gotten to catch up a little. Again, no pictures though.
Some things we did not get to do, but will next time for sure: spend more time with Debbie (I feel like we did not have adequate time), go to Charley's Ice Cream, attend VBS at First Presbyterian (which we were very sad to miss this year) and take more pictures!
Here are Noah and Sophie Zebarth saying goodbye to each other. We really miss all our friends in Logan and so look forward to seeing all of them whenever we can. And even though we wish we could all be together all the time, we were glad to be coming back to Arizona, which is beginning to fell like home finally, and our family and friends here. We hope you can all come visit sometime, and if not, we will see you next year! Can't wait!



No comments:
Post a Comment