This past weekend was a total success! My wonderful father came down from Phoenix and spent three whole days busting his butt helping us with our yard. We got a ton of stuff done, the best of which was to get a shed put together for backyard tools and toys, lay a path between our patio and pool that was previously just dirt and figure out why our pool vacuum was not working and actually fix it. I always love it when I figure something out that I didn't know and it works!
The most important thing that happened is that I got to spend some real quality time with dad all to myself. Even though we were both crippled and exhausted from the experience, we had a great time renting the Home Depot truck and loading it up with stuff from Lowe's, assembling the shed in toreential winds that carried us (and the shed) around the yard, and having nothing but ice cream and donuts for dinner (food for hard labor). His help also kick started my desire to get out in the yard and do things. I had been procrastinating out of fear because I know nothing about cactus and the Arizona planting season and out of shear laziness. It's always so nice to do things with someone else, especially when they have some knowledge about the subject.
I wish I had taken a picture of my dad before he left to show how crooked he was from all his toil. I love you dad - you're a serious trooper!
The most important thing that happened is that I got to spend some real quality time with dad all to myself. Even though we were both crippled and exhausted from the experience, we had a great time renting the Home Depot truck and loading it up with stuff from Lowe's, assembling the shed in toreential winds that carried us (and the shed) around the yard, and having nothing but ice cream and donuts for dinner (food for hard labor). His help also kick started my desire to get out in the yard and do things. I had been procrastinating out of fear because I know nothing about cactus and the Arizona planting season and out of shear laziness. It's always so nice to do things with someone else, especially when they have some knowledge about the subject.
I wish I had taken a picture of my dad before he left to show how crooked he was from all his toil. I love you dad - you're a serious trooper!



1 comment:
I feel mostly caught up on the happenings of your life. Thanks very very much for keeping this weblog updated so I can feel a bit more in touch! You guys are the best.
Dan (& Jan & Bree)
Post a Comment