Thursday, June 24, 2010

Miscellaneous May




We spent a few days at grandma and grandpas house playing with cousins. Reese loves having her cousins around and they love being around her. She learns alot from them and watches everything they do. We spent quite a bit of time "painting" on the patio with water. This is the first time I hav ever seen Reese stick with doing something for more than 5 minutes. It was a great activity that kept them all interested for awhile.
This is Reese's friend, Dillon. His mother and I have been walking every morning. We pretend it is for exercise, but in reality it's just so we can catch up on all the gossip in our lives. It has really helped to get out in the fresh air each morning and start my day. I hate the morning routine - making breakfasts, lunches, showering, hair, etc - and I was letting my attitude overcome my whole day. Walking and talking has given me something to look forward to in the mornings and gives me energy to get on with the rest of my day. Reese and Dillon seem to look forward to the walks also, because as soon as we meet up, they have to give each other a "hello" handshake before we can continue on our way. The constant flow of snacks doesn't make them unhappy either:-)
Yay! they finally got shopping carts with the cars in front at our local grocery store. I remember pushing Noah in these when he was little and how much he liked it, so I was very excited (or so I thought) when we got to the store one day and there they were. Reese was very excited too - at first - for about 5 minutes and then she wanted to ride up in the normal basket seat. Well, I was disappointed, but no big deal. Until the next time we went to the store. I went to put Reese in one of the normal shopping carts and she got upset. She saw the ones with the cars in front and wanted one of those, badly and loudly. So we switched. Again, after a short time, she wanted to ride up front near me. So now, whenever we go to the store, we have to get a "car cart" (and it has to be the pink one these days) and I inevitably end up pushing around a giant-hard-to-maneuver shopping cart with an empty car on the front. I guess this a lesson in "be careful what I wish for". I'm thinking it's time to switch grocery stores!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

super cute. Wow how she has grown. Coming out this summer?

Unknown said...

Mae was/is the same way. Loves them as long as we are going quickly. But when you have to slow down and really shop - she wants out.